HGC is actively seeking an Experienced Concrete Carpenter. This position is under the direction and supervision of a foreman or superintendent.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Set up the basic form of the building structures, such as framing, scaffolding or molds to lay concrete.
· Measure and mark cutting lines on materials using ruler, pencil, chalk and marking gauge.
· Shape or cut materials to precise measurements and assemble boards, timber or plywood to the necessary size.
· Follow established safety rules & regulations and maintain a safe & clean environment.
· Remove and repair or replace damaged or defective parts or sections of wooden structures using hand tools.
· Work at heights up to twenty (20) feet above grade on elevated platforms or booms.
· Provide support with fabrication during projects.
· Utilize HGC’s core values in daily duties.
· Communicate professionally with everyone on site, including but not limited to supervisors, teammates, contractors, clients and vendor partners.
· Understand, interpret and follow directions from a foreman or superintendent.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Requirements
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Ability to study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions, shape, design and materials required.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and teammates.
· Must be willing to work various shifts Monday through Friday, as well as Saturdays when needed.
· Ability to understand site goals and direction.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
· Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
· Employees must be able to stand for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl as required to perform key duties.
· Maintain constant alertness and situational awareness while on the job site.
· Work is performed outdoors, exposing employees to all weather conditions.
· Employees may be exposed to varying levels of noise, dust and substances commonly found on construction sites.
· Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
· Any other physical demand the assigned duties require.
· Competitive Pay (based on experience)
· Medical Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Group Term Life
· Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
· Voluntary Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Signature 35-Hour Guarantee
· Bonus Program
· Employee Training Programs at the HGC Academy
HGC operates in North & South Carolina. By applying for this position, you acknowledge our operation area and understand you could get assigned to sites where you would stay for an extended period. HGC will provide a per diem for those assigned to these sites. Teammates are asked to move job sites as project needs change and occasionally report to the HGC Academy for training.
HGC is an industry-recognized, award-winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial and residential projects. Voted one of Charlotte Observer’s Top Places to Work 2018-2020 and Top Workplaces USA 2021, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork, education, safety and the well-being of our employees on every level.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. HGC is a drug-free workplace.