Providence Center is seeking a Career Coach to join our team! If you enjoy networking, (within the Anne Arundel County), providing assistance with job development, and motivating people to learn how to develop relationships and work skills then this position may be for you!
Job Type: Full-time (30-40 hours per week)
Salary: *New Pay Scale* $16.75- $17.65 per hour
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Experience with DISCOVERY or ACRE highly preferred
- Customized employment experience preferred
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
- Must be able to speak audibly and write legibly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Network within communities to develop resources and opportunities.
- Ensure people supported by the program get back and forth to work according to their work schedule. May have to drive them to and from work until alternative transportation is identified and arranged. Assists in identifying alternative, least restrictive transportation. This may include travel training.
- Attend and actively participate in the Person Centered and/or Circle of Support meetings to get to know the person in their most comfortable, natural setting.
- Provide assistance with job development, Discovery and Customized employment with the Employment team.
- Assist people in accessing other community resources when needed. This is to include, but not limited to, DORS, DEI and AACWDC sponsored appointments.
Employment Mentors must have:
- Must be 18 years old
- A valid driver’s license (not provisional)
- The ability and willingness to transport people in personal and/or company vehicles
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related employment experience
- Computer skills
Benefits for Full Time Employees (30 to 40 hours per week)
- Medical (Company Contribution of 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
- Dental (Company Contribution of 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
- Vision (Company Contribution of 32% towards cost of all plans)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (Company Paid)
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- Tuition Assistance
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 401k (5% company match)
- Paid Time Off
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance
A full job description is available upon request.
If you feel that you are a great fit for this position, please submit an application today!