United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
The Company: Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for help.
• We help people find and access the health and human services they need, including food, shelter, and other basic needs.
• We assist parents and caregivers with finding the best child care for their family.
• We respond in the event of weather emergencies, natural disasters, and family and personal crises of any kind.
The Position: Do you want to use your background in psychology, social work or counseling to make a positive difference in peoples' lives every day? You can at United Way of Connecticut/2-1-1! You will use your skills to provide telephonic crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization services for youth under the age of 18 during after hours of operation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Services (EMPS) Contact Center Clinician provides crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization services for youth after EMPS Program hours of operation. You will also assist, coach and mentor 2-1-1 Contact Center staff in these areas.
The Hours: Every other Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Part-Time)
• Friday night from 10:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. Saturday.
• Saturday night from 10:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. Sunday.
The Pay & Benefits: Competitive $21.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential and on-call stipend.
• We offer an outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
• We also offer 160 hours of Paid Time Off in a calendar year which you begin accruing immediately!
• Extensive classroom and on-the-job training AND the opportunity to work out of your home following your training period and once you’ve demonstrated job competence.
• An added bonus to working for us is the satisfaction you’ll get from helping to meet the needs of Connecticut residents by providing information, education and connection to services. Helping others makes you feel good!
Job Grade: 15
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.