Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Report To: Vice President of Operations
Location: Park City, UT
The Technology Platform Specialist provides technical support and assistance to internal stakeholders regarding hardware, software and database issues. This position maintains the National Ability Center’s Salesforce CRM database for participant, donor and volunteer management, tracking, and reporting and is the liaison between the database and userbase. The Technology Platform Specialist troubleshoots to ensure that applications and NAC technology meet organizational needs and keep pace with changes in program operations, policies, and/or procedures. The Technology Platform Specialist also supports the development and execution of the NAC’s technology projects. A primary function of this and every position at the National Ability Center is to ensure that each member, guest, and visitor receives the highest caliber of customer service.
Major Task and Responsibilities
· Daily administration and support of NAC’s Salesforce database including, but not limited to: managing user setup & management, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validations, automations, reporting, and security permissions
· Function as the liaison between Salesforce managed services provider as needed for specific projects
· Maintain third-party applications in relation to Salesforce (Chargent, DocuSign, Campaign Monitor, 360 SMS, etc.). This includes installation, troubleshooting, user training, maintaining documentation and being the main point-of-contact with app representatives
· Develop, create & maintain customized reports and dashboards
· Train new and existing users on how to use the database
· Responsible for maintaining clean data and ensuring the way it is tracked reflects what the organization needs. Expected to engage in routine de-duplication and data clean up projects.
· Keep National Ability Center executive team and stakeholders informed on system enhancements. Manage quarterly database updates and train users on potential changes or implications.
· Stay up to date on industry regulations, trends and technology enhancements and best practice
· Set up, maintain and troubleshoot staff compute devices (iPads and other iOS devices; Mac OS and Windows desktop and notebook computers) as needed
· Maintain inventory and support other databases used by the NAC
· Work cross-functionally with departments across The National Ability Center to ensure data is being tracked appropriately in relation to each department’s needs. This includes the development team, volunteer team, reservations & programs teams.
· Provide database technical support while logging, tracking, and solving system problems through resolution within the organizational databases
· Create and maintain documentation on standard operating procedures, processes, policies, database/application configuration/utilization as it relates to the organizational databases
· Be innovative, forward thinking and maintain the NAC’s technology road map to evaluate future technology improvements and investments
· Communicate with stakeholders about an appropriate timeline and prioritization of projects
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology field or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years heavily involved with the management and use of Salesforce. Familiarity with lightening configurations required
· Salesforce Administration Certificate or experience in administration of a SaaS strongly preferred
· Understanding of relational databases and database integration tools
· Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
· Ability to accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services
· Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
· Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
· Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
· Close attention to detail and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
· Experience in outdoor recreation and/or adaptive instruction a plus
· Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment
· Valid Driver’s License; must verify own auto insurance
Medical, dental, long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and other benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook