Fountain House’s housing program provides a sense of safety and stability, ensuring that members (individuals living with mental illness(es): remain housed; establish a safe space for recovery; develop independent living skills; increase their self-sufficiency and build a strong foundation from which they can achieve their life goals.
Residence Staff Workers will provide exemplary care and assistance to our residents in their home. We want to create a caring, collaborative community where our member residents will thrive and achieve their goals by providing support with resident’s daily lives.
Please Note: This position is overnight Sunday- Thursday 2pm - 10pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well-being of members.
- Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
- Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
- Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate within the agency and with external providers such as Physicians, Social Security, Medicaid.
- Excellent computer and software proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Experience with AWARDS database preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure and in during a crisis.
- Ability to meet deadlines for documentation and any other necessary duties.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent in work experience and training in Human Services, required.
- Flexible and able to work any residential shift, including evenings and weekend, as needed.
- Positive, energetic, dynamic, and engaging personality.
- Collaborative and creative approach to work-related duties.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to lift and /or move items up to 25lbs or more
- Position requires the ability to effectively sit, stand, walk, stop, kneel, couch, reach, climb or balance throughout all work shifts, while supporting members with serious mental health issues.