Employers Council is a preeminent Regional Employers Association with offices located in Arizona, Colorado, and Utah committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational development, and human resources expertise and services, including virtual and in person employee training. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
The Organizational Development (OD) Consultant works on a project basis and provides training, executive coaching and consulting services to member and non-member organizations. Activities include organizational, work team, and individual leadership assessments; design and facilitation of strategic planning processes, retreats, and team capacity building retreats and interventions; leadership and executive coaching; and conflict resolution interventions.
If you are seeking an OD position that affords the opportunity to provide training and executive coaching and consulting services, we are looking forward to hearing from you! As well, if you desire a role that will allow you to share your expertise with leadership and staff from organizations of all sizes, sectors, and industries here is your opportunity to shine.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and most importantly, the ability to maintain a positive work/life balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Design and facilitate retreats, team-building programs and strategic planning initiatives.
· Design and deliver leadership, management and interpersonal development programs and multi-media materials to meet customers’ current and anticipated needs.
· Utilize effective adult learning theory- based techniques to facilitate learning and development for groups in a wide variety of organizational areas such as interpersonal relationships, conflict management, communication, leadership, general task management, and customer relations.
· Provide individual leadership and executive coaching to support client objectives.
· Apply organizational development, training, facilitation and related skills as part of large-scale development projects for organizations in a variety of industries.
· Deliver presentations to customers in various settings.
· Collaborate with peers cross departmentally in support of organizational and departmental goals.
· Maintain strong business relationships with member companies.
· Collect and analyze data to identify organizational development needs at all levels of a member’s organization.
· Work with the Training Manager and the Corporate Training and Events staff to train and facilitate groups in a variety of HR and OD related areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and Experience Requirements
General office or home office environment, potential for frequent travel, occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Starting annual salary range: Typical compensation for project work is $55 - $80 per hour depending on the type of project.
Benefits: This position receives all legally mandated benefits including the opportunity to accrue paid sick time and to become eligible for group healthcare insurance, and participation in 401(k) and pension programs. Employers Council provides a laptop computer with ongoing IT support.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.