The Business Development Specialist – BWI is responsible for manning the Business Center at BWI, interacting with businesses in the BWI community to understand their needs, and exploring solutions with them, through verbal, written, and electronic means. This effort is to further develop existing relationships while developing new relationships within the BWI Business Community. This individual will provide solutions with/for the businesses, answer general inquiries (via in-person, written, telephonic, and electronic communications) at the Center, interact with individuals looking for employment at BWI, perform data entry in various systems, cover the desk at BWI during designated hours, prepare information for reports, and represent AAWDC at BWI events as needed. The Business Development Specialist must be outgoing, detailed-oriented, comfortable working with a variety of people in various ways and possess the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
· Staff the BWI office during designated times.
· Establishes and maintains positive relationships with business representatives.
· Performs outreach efforts to the BWI Business Community
· Corresponds with business representatives, job seekers, and the public via in-person, in person, written, telephonic, and electronic means.
· Represents AAWDC at BWI community events when needed.
· Enters data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy.
· Other duties as assigned.
At least one year of relevant work experience in customer service, administrative, or clerical positions.
High School Diploma or Equivalent background.
· Comfortable working with business leaders at all levels
· Confidence in working with a variety of individuals through various means of communication.
· Ability to manage multiple projects.
· Demonstrate flexibility.
· Possess an outgoing personality.
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
· Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems, such as filing.
· Independent worker
· Problem identifier and solver
· Workload organization and prioritization
· Clear and professional communications, both verbally and in written form
· Salesforce experience a plus
· B2B Sales experience preferred, but not required.
· Must be available Monday through Friday with the possibility of some weekend assignments.