Do you love animals? Are you good with people? Come join the Animal Care team at Kitsap Humane Society as an Animal Care Technician! Kitsap Humane Society (KHS) is a progressive, open admission shelter dedicated to finding a “forever home” for every adoptable animal in our care.
The Animal Care team has the primary responsibility of caring for all of the animals in the shelter. These may be stray animals brought in by good Samaritans or animals surrendered by owners who can no longer care for them.
KEY OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Clean animal kennels.
- Move animals from one location to another within the shelter.
- Assist with vaccinations.
- Wash shelter animals’ dishes and laundry.
- Fill in when needed in our Admissions department.
- This position works very closely with other members of the Animal Care team, as well as with Customer Service and Veterinary Services. This job is physically demanding and requires a great sense of urgency and a fantastic work ethic.
- The job requires flexibility, energy, the ability to think quickly on one’s feet. A sense of humor is a huge plus! Professional animal handling experience would be great, but is not required.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
- Good customer service skills.
- Love of animals.
- Comfort handling all sizes and breeds of dogs and cats, including fearful and feral animals.
- Willingness to learn to vaccinate and de-worm dogs and cats.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong team player.
- An eye for accuracy.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School/GED.
- 40 hours/week, full time permanent position.
- Medical/Dental Insurance Coverage available the 1st of the month after completion of 60 days of employment.
- Vacation Leave upon completion of 120-day introductory period.
- Sick Leave available.
- One free animal adoption per year is available to all regular full-time or part-time employees. This benefit is available after completion of the employee’s 120-day introductory period.
A cover letter is required with your resume. Explain in your cover letter your experience and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position. This position will remain open until filled. Please, no phone calls.