Employers Council is a Denver based preeminent Employers Association committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational development and human resources expertise and services, including virtual and in person employee training. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
We are currently seeking a team oriented HR professional with proven skills as a senior level generalist.
This is a project-based role providing HR expertise directly for our member or non-member employers. Such projects can include HRIS implementation and training, performing HR audits, writing or editing employee handbooks, recruiting, writing job descriptions and more. To be successful in this position you should have a passion for customer service, an innovative spirit and desire to take on new and different projects on an on-going basis.
We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities. We truly provide an excellent opportunity to maintain a work/life balance with flexible work hours and enable you to focus on projects that meet your HR specialties as well as the opportunity to learn other areas of HR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Providing various types of temporary human resource support to member and non-member organizations.
• Building positive and strong relationships with participating companies to ensure confidence in Employers Council’s human resource expertise.
• Continually developing knowledge and proficiency in various HR disciplines to provide members with all necessary human resources consultative support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Skill in Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) implementations.
• Familiar with all state and federal laws (EEOC, compensation, FMLA, etc.).
• Analytical, critical thinking, and interpretive skills to apply various employment situations against numerous complicated employment laws and regulations.
• Communication skills, with the ability to communicate and understand complex and/or sensitive information in a clear, concise, diplomatic and professional manner.
• Ability to balance and complete multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong planning, time management, decision making, presentation, and organization skills.
Education and Experience:
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 3-5 years of human resources experience particularly with HRIS implementation and training is required.
• Experience in Payroll is preferred. Knowledge of Paylocity a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or HR related field or 4 years of HR experience preferred.
• SPHR/PHR is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. General office environment the majority of time. Remote or on-site work depending upon the needs of the client.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status and Schedule: Non-Exempt. This position is project based and without a set schedule.
Hourly Pay Range: $25/hr. - $75/hr. Rate varies and is project-based.
Benefits: This position receives all legally mandated benefits including the opportunity to accrue paid sick time and to become eligible for group healthcare insurance, and participation in 401(k) and pension programs. Employers Council provides a laptop computer with ongoing IT support.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.