As the Sales Support Manager for Gits Manufacturing, you will drive customer satisfaction and sales growth by acting as the central contact person between the internal organization and the (international) customer organization. The Sales Support Manager is the first point of contact for existing customers regarding improvements for running business, technical changes, crisis situations and smaller RFQ’s. The SSM is the intermediary between the customer and the internal organization.
Project Management -
- Leads internal alignment and project follow-up during the RFQ and production series phase.
- Defines deliverables, planning and budget, in line with organization standards and in accordance with the business case and customer expectations.
- Activates and energizes internal stakeholders (quality, procurement, engineering, logistics and finance) to win new projects. Facilitates a smooth project transition to the project management organization after contract nomination.
- Part of the project team and responsible for the commercial activities (change management /orders / contract management) within the project phase(s)
- Leads smaller projects, proto type coordination and changes during series production. The key account manager supports when it concerns larger topics with the key accounts.
Account Management -
- Builds and maintains relationships with the customer, through frequent contact moments (visits, calls, emails) in order to improve customer satisfaction and identification of business (improvement) opportunities. Customer expert for the internal organization.
- Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other staff members in other departments working on the same account.
- Obtaining information and knowledge about market(developments), competitors, prices and products, and share this information with the internal organization for forecasting, growth and business development purposes.
- Provides content to the department Marketing & Communication to improve findability online for potential customers (lead generation).
- Independently prepares quotations within projects and series production and is prepares the negotiation and the commercial realization. Is responsible for offers (and deal-closure) with smaller customers/projects/changes.
Forecasting and Reporting -
- Provides input to the sales manager for the forecast on a regular base (using a forecasting module on the ERP system), monitors and reports realized sales compared to forecast and uses the information to influence/motivate customers and key account managers to act on deviations. End-responsible for accounts receivable management.
Process Improvements -
- Develops, maintains and improves internal administrative processes (ERP settings, internal documentation) required to effectively serve (new) customers as well as to support the internal organization.