HGC is actively seeking an Entry Level Heavy Equipment Operator. This position will be under the direction and supervision of a foreman or superintendent. The ideal candidate will be dependable, hardworking and willing to do what it takes and an operator training program will be provided at no cost through our state-of-the-art HGC Academy (field, classroom and simulator training).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Drive machine in successive overlapping passes.
· Determine speed and direction of machine.
· Perform daily inspection of machine.
· Utilize HGC’s core values in daily duties.
· Communicate professionally with everyone on site, including but not limited to supervisors, teammates, contractors, clients and vendor partners.
· Understand, interpret and follow directions from a foreman or superintendent.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Requirements
· Must be willing to work Monday through Friday 7AM-5:30PM, as well as Saturdays when needed.
· Must be highly motivated and willing to learn.
· Must enjoy working outside in all weather conditions.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and teammates.
· Ability to understand site goals and direction.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
· Teammates must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl as required to perform key duties.
· Operators must be able to climb on and off equipment safely while maintaining three (3) points of contact.
· Maintain constant alertness and situational awareness while on the job site.
· Field work is performed outdoors, exposing those teammates to all weather conditions.
· Teammates may be exposed to varying levels of noise, dust and substances commonly found on construction sites.
· Any other physical demand the assigned duties require.
· Competitive Pay (based on experience)
· Medical Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Group Term Life
· Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
· Voluntary Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Signature 35-Hour Guarantee
· Bonus Program
· Free Training Programs at the HGC Academy
HGC operates in a 65-mile radius from Charlotte, North Carolina. By applying for this position, you acknowledge our operation radius and understand your commute could reach up to one (1) hour. Teammates are asked to move job sites as project needs change and occasionally report to the HGC Academy for training.
HGC is an industry-recognized, award-winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial and residential projects. Voted one of Charlotte Observer’s Top Places to Work 2018-2020 and Top Workplaces USA 2021, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork, education, safety and the well-being of our teammates on every level.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. HGC is a drug-free workplace