We have an exciting opportunity for professional mortgage originators looking to add Islamic Financing along with conventional originations for residential 1-4 family homes in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures and all applicable agency and investor guidelines. We have positions in Chicago, Glenview, Wheeling and the Southwest Suburbs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively solicit new residential mortgage loans in order to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of business relationships to ensure a recurring source for mortgage loan referrals. This network could include Realtors, mortgage professionals, builders, other professional and personal contacts, and any other referral sources the Islamic Financing Originator develops.
- Enhance the network by regularly participating in business-related development opportunities, community events, visiting mosques, engaging with Islamic community leaders and interacting with professional organizations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Devon Banks’ lending programs, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Distributing promotional and marketing material to Muslim communities
- Arranging and presenting educational workshops at mosques, community events
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma and equivalent work experience
A minimum of 2 continuous years in a mortgage-related position, with experience generating self-sourced business
The ability to travel to potential business sources throughout assigned sales territory
The ability to originate Islamic finance transactions in 17 states
S.A.F.E. act licensing required prior to start date
Ability to speak conversational Arabic or Urdu