Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening (Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for a Financial Reporting Analyst within West Hartford area. The Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for assisting with grant reporting, as well as financial analysis of assigned programs and projects agency-wide. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Financial Reporting Analyst will present financial information and recommendations thru data analysis and reporting in the development and maintenance of budgets. The Financial Reporting Analyst will identify funding issues and assist in the development of appropriate solutions.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 annual salaried position based on education and experience. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403b Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The Financial Reporting Analyst responsibilities include:
- Monitor expenditure of grant funds and contract compliance in relation to grant budgets, labor distribution, and grant reporting.
- Assist with preparing grant budget proposals.
- Enter, record, store, and maintain information in electronic form to support budget development, tracking and reporting. Assure accuracy with source documents and general ledger.
- Produce month-end reports of actual vs. budget results, ensuring accuracy and completeness; investigate, analyze, and explain variances from budget expense line items.
- Prepare quarterly and annual cost reports for various contracts, including initial budget imports into accounting software, produce budget modifications and target areas to enhance cost allocation methodologies.
- Research and prepare periodic financial analyses and/or reports.
- Stays current on knowledge of policy changes pertaining to grants and contracts.
- Maintains financial databases used by the finance office ensuring that data is current.
- Performs other special projects as assigned by the Chief Finance Officer. Projects can run from the capturing and reporting of data pertaining to any of our state-wide programs and projecting their financial needs, to preparing advanced Excel worksheets on data for evaluating statistics, to assisting with agency-wide budget models and grant forecasting.
- Develops relationship with funding sources and follows up on discrepancies and procedures.
- Assist with program, grant, and agency-wide audits.
- Look over pre-existing and past budgets to identify weaknesses.
- Review grants, contract invoices and payroll allocations to ensure expenses are allowable within funding guidelines.
- Assist the finance team with the coordination of billing.
- Complete projects accurately and on time, exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; develop realistic action plans.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above in accounting, finance or business. Master’s preferred. CPA is a plus.
- Must have prior experience in Connecticut State and Federal funding reporting requirements, experience with DMHAS a plus.
- Experience in nonprofit budgeting, budget analysis and report preparation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver's license and auto registration and insurance.
Mental Health Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please