Dillon, CO • Accounting
Pay - year-round, exempt $75,000-$80,600
Are you seeking an accounting role with challenge, opportunity, and the freedom to pursue your passions? The accounting team at Arapahoe Basin serves the accounting needs of our internal departments and external relationships while also making time to enjoy the incredible activities this mountain community has to offer.
Arapahoe Basin seeks an experienced accounting professional to lead the Accounting Department as Controller. Reporting to the Director of Finance and supervising 4-5 Accountants, the Controller ensures that all accounting activities for the company are completed accurately and on time, with ownership over the company’s P&L and balance sheet accounts. This position uses foresight, analysis, and exceptional communication to drive accurate recording and reporting, strong internal controls, and successful financial performance of the ski area as a whole.
The department offers visibility to leadership, a team-first mentality, and unparalleled access to the amazing mountains of Colorado’s Continental Divide. We truly live the vision, “Where the spirit of freedom and big mountain challenges create life-altering experiences.”
Apply now and come work with an incredible team of people in one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time off for all full-time employees
- Annual bonus program
- Flexible schedule, including the opportunity for ride breaks if time and workload allow
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Ownership of the company’s P&L and balance sheet accounts, including account reviews, entering and posting journal entries, monthly reporting, and associated monthly or annual reconciliations.
- Develop a departmental staff structure to accomplish all accounting tasks, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Internal Audit. Ensure adequate professional development and succession planning for all roles under this position’s supervision.
- Direct the 3-day month-end close, 5-day quarter-end close, and the annual close.
- Support a culture of fiscal discipline and continual improvement, identifying and implementing opportunities for progress both within the department and across the business.
- Provide internal technical financial advice and knowledge to managers and internal users on financial results and concepts.
- Manage the business’s credit card processing, integration, and reconciliation. Coordinate with vendors and internal IT resources to ensure business continuity.
- Oversee direct reports to ensure accurate revenue recognition across the business that is consistent with accounting standards.
- Oversee fixed asset accounting, including work-in-progress, fixed asset additions, lease accounting, depreciation, and reporting on work-in-progress spending.
- Ensure adequate treasury management through journal entries and cash reports. Support the Director of Finance in evaluating banking relationships and cash forecasting.
- Coordinate with external auditors on the completion of an annual audit.
- Identify, draft, implement and ensure compliance to appropriate accounting policies (including internal controls). Ensure adequate documentation of all accounting procedures for areas under this position’s management.
- Work with Director of Finance to evaluate and improve financial reporting on an ongoing basis, both for internal and external users.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the accounting for affiliated land and housing companies.