Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Location: Sodus, NY – with frequent local travel
Shift/Hours: Full-time based on business needs. Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
General Summary: Do you enjoy hands-on work?
Reliant Credit Union, ranked one of Rochester’s top mid-sized companies four years in a row, is recruiting a Facilities Maintenance Technician.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician role will provide maintenance support for Reliant’s branch locations, corporate office, and other credit union properties, ensuring a consistent level of service and communication with staff. Daily responsibilities involve various facilities-related tasks, including external and internal building repairs, preventative maintenance, and addressing safety concerns.
Reliant offers an excellent work environment based on Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork (ART), along with an exceptional benefits package, including:
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid leave time allowances
- Employee life insurance
- Access to our medical, dental and vision plans
As a Facilities Maintenance Technician at Reliant, you will:
- Perform general repairs and improvements to building interior and exterior spaces
- Perform general repairs and improvements to facility operating systems, including Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC); electrical; plumbing, lighting; and other mechanical systems.
- Perform regular safety and security inspections of properties.
- Maintain facility status reports, ensuring accurate record-keeping of equipment age, vendor, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities for our Facilities Maintenance Technician:
- Materials, methods, terminology, equipment, and tools used to maintain, repair, and construct building structures and systems.
- Ability and proper use of office automation tools, including computers and applicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and work order management software.
- Basic mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions, and working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong professional written and oral communication skills.
- Read, understand, and apply facility maintenance manuals and technical bulletins, construction drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Perform in a fast-paced, multi-task work environment.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with staff and vendors.
Required Training & Experience for our Facilities Maintenance Technician role:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade/vocational training and relevant certifications (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, and construction) preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of maintenance experience required, preferably in a multi-unit environment.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, roofing, carpentry, and/or construction.
Physical Requirements of the role include:
- Lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Use tools necessary to complete minor repairs.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Decipher data contained in documents, reports, spreadsheets, etc.
- Work a flexible work schedule, which may require early mornings, late evenings, and/or weekends.
- Drive extensively within the credit union’s service area, with a valid NY State driver’s license. Use of viable personal vehicle required for business travel.
Candidates considered for hire are subject to credit and other employment reference checks.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA Disability/Veteran. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 800-724-9282 or email at email@example.com.