DEPARTMENT: Energy Programs
POSITION TITLE: Energy Department Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Greenfield/Remote work from Home
SUPERVISOR: Client Services Manager
Provide general and clerical support to Energy Programs under the supervision of the Client Services Manager. Provide telephone and walk-in reception and scheduling for the Fuel Assistance Program and other energy programs.
- Manage and assist an average of 1200 incoming calls to Fuel Assistance per week, triaging calls to the appropriate energy program using courteous and prompt customer service.
- Greet visitors and participants in a welcoming manner, providing information, and directing people as needed.
- Schedule intake interviews for Fuel Assistance applicants.
- Inform applicants regarding Fuel Assistance application requirements and procedures.
- Answer general questions pertaining to the Fuel Assistance and Energy Department.
- Provide data entry support for programs utilizing various databases.
- Maintain basic information and resources of the other Agency programs to direct and assist clients.
- Assist energy programs by providing administrative support for projects.
- Use various types of office equipment, including but not limited to copiers, scanners, fax, email, RISO machine, and folding machine.
- Assist with copying and collating projects.
- Assist with bulk mailings and mail processing duties.
- Distribute mail to appropriate recipients.
- Assist with inventory of office supplies and placing orders to maintain inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Client Services Manager.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- When schedule requires remote work, expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision meetings, team meetings, mandatory agency trainings, and participate in professional development activities.
- Comply with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures
- Performs related work as required.
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the agency.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of office and customer service experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Russian/English) preferred.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of experience or
- Additional directly related experience may be substituted for education
- Proficient computer skills: using a mouse, email, Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal (in-person and phone) and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be able to acquire a basic understanding of the program certification procedures.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn program data system, excel and spreadsheets required
- Understanding of data capture and tracking methods.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity and the needs of individuals with low incomes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires sitting for long periods.
* Working in office environment.
* Some bending and stretching required.
* Extensive use of telephone required.
* Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
* Must be able to lift from 20 – 30 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, and community spaces, with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites. The noise level varies by site.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) prior to hire and every three years.