Performs EEGs, ambulatory EEGs, and multiple sleep latency EEGs. Responsible for recording electrical activity of the patient's brain to study epilepsy, convulsive disorders and localizing lesions in the cerebrum. Performs clerical duties. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality (CQI) improvement activities.
- Knowledgeable with department policies and procedures; thorough knowledge of departmental forms, and protocols.
- Ability to provide proper patient care and education in a variety of settings.
- Properly documents procedures performed. Obtains patient's medical history from chart and patient; documents patient information on EEG flowsheet.
- Demonstrates the ability to place electrodes on the patient's scalp in the designated areas.
- Demonstrates the ability to monitor and interrupt test results in order to make changes or adjustments as needed by the physician
- Responsible for recording and labeling test results including microfilm EEGs; sends test results to ordering physician; files all test results according to policy and procedure
- Maintains a daily log of all procedures performed.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient, neonate through geriatric population
- Independently recognizes and performs duties which need to be done without being directly assigned. Establishes priorities; organizes work and time to meet them. situations.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities, accepts changes and new ideas. Has insight into problems and the ability to develop workable alternatives.
- Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Adheres to attendance and punctuality requirements per hospital policy. Provides proper notification for absences and tardiness. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences or tardiness.
- Understands and abides by all departmental policies and procedures as well as the Codes of Ethics, HIPAA requirements and patient rights.
- Complies with federal, state, local laws that govern business practices. Complies with all Department of Health Services requirements for the State, and CMS standards that apply to the position.
- Is knowledgeable and adheres to JCAHO/ CMS standards specific to the position.
- Participates actively in ensuring that all state and federal rules and regulations are followed as they apply to this position.
- Attends scheduled in-service and mandatory in-service. Communicates ideas to supervisor for a safer layout of equipment, tools, and/or processes.
- Observes dress code policy and wears hospital identification as required by our policies and procedures.