The role of the Data & Performance Specialist will support various programmatic and evaluation functions with insights gained from analyzing YouthBuild Program participant performance and outcomes. This position will leverage large data sets and use appropriate statistical modeling to determine the effectiveness of program services and interventions. The candidate must:
1) have strong experience using a variety of data recording and analysis methods; 2) analyze, summarize and effectively manage performance of program participants via the Department of Labor Management Information System (DOLSMIS), the State of Michigan’s One-Stop Management Information System (OSMIS) and Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation’s (DESC) data management system LaunchPad; and 3) develop, advise and implement data management strategies that maximize positive performance.
· Enter, maintain and monitor participant performance in DOLMIS, OSMIS and LaunchPad data systems, and ensure integrity of inputs;
· Conduct trainings and providing technical assistance to subcontractors on how to track and upload relevant information into data systems;
· Create queries and reports that help DESC leadership and subcontractors identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI), as well as potential issues and/or areas for improvement;
· Analyze and draw insightful conclusions from large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data;
· Fulfill data requests and regularly prepare and maintain reports for management and leadership’s analysis that capture specific program, subcontractor and system-wide performance;
· Manage large datasets using Excel or other database and statistical software and develop recommendations and tools that can be used to correct performance issues;
· In partnership with external evaluators, assist in the evaluation of program effectiveness, investigate trends, and recommend modifications to improve program effectiveness; and
· Perform other related duties as required.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to identify, track, diagnose, and develop solutions to efficient data collection/entry. In addition, this role includes identifying inconsistencies and reporting issues to relevant staff. Specifically, the qualified candidate will enter accurate data, process requests for reports, analyze reports for consistency against other known data factors, implement solutions to correct anomalies or devise alternative strategies to improve results, and communicate results in a fashion that makes a positive contribution to the overall strategy. Specific qualifications include but are not limited to:
· Familiarity with state and federal database systems;
· Demonstrate project management skills to produce quality, timely, and complete work product;
· Demonstrate the technical aptitude required to learn and use relevant tools and software to perform the job;
· Effectively work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, with a keen ability to describe data for colleagues of varied technical backgrounds in person, in writing and virtually;
· Demonstrate strong projection, organizational and strategic thinking skills;
· Exhibit discretion and professionalism, particularly when handling confidential information; and
· Exhibit diplomacy and ability to appropriately interact with staff and local stakeholders while maintaining beneficial working relationships in all aspects.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Local area travel may be required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Public Policy, Applied Statistics/Mathematics, or another related field;
· At least five (5) years of related professional experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required;
· At least three (3) years of experience in a role that focused on data and performance management is required;
· Relevant experience working in a nonprofit, education or community-based organization is preferred; and
· Experience researching and analyzing training and workforce initiatives or other social service programs, and general knowledge of workforce trends highly desirable.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required.