Job Title: Lead Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Department: Community Management
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly $22-$24/hr
Summary: The Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing, as well as, coordinating the work of others to achieve the maintenance objectives of the Community Association Manager and the Board of Directors. This position ensures that the overall physical aspects of the community meet the established standards for safety and appearance. The physical aspects include, but are not limited to, the exterior of the building, landscaping, plus all other areas related to the day-to-day functions of the property.
- Oversee outside vendors and possible staff if necessary.
- Enter and monitor work orders for tracking and completion.
- Continually inspect property for improvements, immediately reporting any deficiencies to the Community Association Manager.
- Participates in the reserve study process to give input to the Board of Directors.
- Establish a preventative maintenance program with the Community Association Manager.
- Communicate with the Community Association Manager on a daily basis to track and complete any building or maintenance projects.
- Instill the confidence of residents through communication and interactions of a friendly, patient, and caring manner.
- Perform, maintain, and repair all common elements, that is, building exteriors, light electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs; touch up paint, roofs, downspouts, sidewalks, parking lots, signs, fencing, lighting, plumbing and pool repairs.
- Maintain cleanliness of common area amenities, including party room, library, laundry rooms, and pool area.
- Knowledgeable of building systems including water shut-offs, electrical cut-offs, etc.
- Responsible for snow removal that includes emergency and after-hours snow removal.
- Respond to all emergency maintenance calls immediately between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday; determine problems and solutions, or contact the Community Association Manager for assistance; respond to afterhours calls from the Community Association Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies; reports all issues, day or night, to the Community Association Manager
- Maintain cleanliness of common area amenities.
- Order, receive, and maintain all supplies for the cleanliness and maintenance of the building.
- Remove weeds and trash (including animal waste) where needed around the property.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company; Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
- Knowledge of safety precautions
- Knowledge of basic electrical repair and replacement
- Knowledge of HVAC trouble shooting
- Knowledge of general facilities maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of Association standards
- Skill in attention to detail, problem solving, and decision making
- Skill in delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to be work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong working relationships with team members
- Ability to supervise as needed
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of previous experience in HOA, Apartment/Multi-Family Maintenance preferred
- Two or more years of experience in electrical, plumbing, painting and maintenance preferred
- HVAC certification preferred
- Demonstrate working level knowledge of the guidelines for maintaining facilities along with the application of different types of maintenance issues.
- Must understand documentation used for controlling maintenance activities, preventative maintenance, scheduling priorities and record keeping.
- Able to communicate technical details to all.
- Utilize resources and maximize production at the lowest cost, the highest quality and within optimum safety standards in order to stay within budget.
- Utilizes Hammersmith® Construction Services for maintenance and project support of buildings.
- Respectful and responsive to home owners and resident inquiries and concerns.
- Able to prepare a scope of work, analyze bids, and make recommendations.
- Able to supervise staff if applicable.
- Remain calm under pressure, lead with integrity.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions. The work environment is also subject to loud noises and vibration due to equipment. May be required to wear a uniform.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have to constantly engage in different types of movement, such as; climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may require occasional lifting of light to medium weight objects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour