The Senior Account Manager, Client Experience (CX) lives by their to-do lists, prides themselves on how quickly they answer emails, and is always striving for the elusive “inbox: zero.” They understand how strategic marketing objectives translate into paid, earned, owned, and shared media strategies, and can explain, for example, how a social media photo contest can contribute to a client’s bottom line. You see themselves as an organizer, cheerleader, and overall doer; you focus on #winning and are the person to whom others turn when things need to get done…yesterday.
The Senior Account Manager supports commercial real estate, residential real estate, hospitality, or retail/lifestyle brands accounts to keep clients in-the-know and internal teams on their toes. They translate marketing plans into timelines and tasks, keep a constant pulse on projects, and manage the agency relationship with key clients. The Senior Account Manager brings perspective and experience to add value in each of these engagements and throughout the new business process. In addition, the Senior Account Manager keeps an eye out for new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Senior Account Manager is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization, and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Offer experience and perspective in one of our four key industries (Commercial, Residential, Hospitality, and Retail/Lifestyle) to add value to our clients and/or add value to the pursuit of new accounts.
- Partner with team leads to ensure strategies are integrated, deadlines are met, quality of work is up to standard, and that the account is running profitably.
- Serve as the primary client contact on assigned accounts and be responsible for all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs, and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Coordinate and implement multiple projects and programs from kickoff to completion with minimum supervision.
- Proactively seek feedback from clients.
- Lead client meetings and conference calls and follow up with meeting notes and to-dos both internally and with client teams.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning process in conjunction with key client team members and translate marketing plans into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists.
- Be a conduit of information between client and our internal subject matter experts, including designers and content producers. Organize all project and creative briefs needed for new project kick-offs, change orders, and creative kick-offs.
- Effectively present and sell all agency work and proposals to clients.
- Stay apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as industry trends and competition to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintain client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections and monthly reconciliations.
- Serve as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, up-to-par with client expectations, and always catered to the strategic marketing objective.
- Gain approval of quarterly and monthly media plans.
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts and play an integral role in new business, driving the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates for work flow, and participating in face-to-face new business/client pitches.
- Attend client and industry events to show support of client’s personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for digital trends and an understanding of consumers and brands.
- Balance analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision.
- Train and nurture junior account staff so they can grow and learn more about agency workflow, clients, and industry.
- Maintain a solutions-focused, proactive team work style.
- Consistently promote a positive work environment and culture.