A Landscape Sales Professional is an experienced salesperson with documented landscape or construction sales experience and proven success. This person should have a distinct ability and passion to understand clients’ needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs while keeping a client centric focus. This person spends the majority of their time meeting with clients to develop relationships and sell landscaping services. They will also be responsible for contract administration including, but not limited to: estimating, contracts, billing, change orders, completion certificates.
1. Develop relationships with existing and potential clients to develop sales leads.
2. Joins and participates in extra-curricular activities and professional networking groups that promote Southern Landscape Group.
3. Attend trade shows and homes shows to promote Southern Landscape Group.
4. Meet and conduct initial interviews with prospective clients.
5. Generate new sales leads from networking opportunities.
6. Maintain relationships with previous clients by means of phone and email communication at specified intervals as set forth by Sales Manager.
1. Perform a detailed site analysis for prospective jobs.
2. Collaboratively create landscapes, hardscapes, and construction elements with our Design team that meet client goals and objectives.
3. Follow company policies and procedures on selling through the SLG Sales Playbook.
4. Ensures all job notes are accurately prepared in the estimate.
5. Creates estimates in collaboration with our Design team for review by Sales Manager.
6. Follows up with client post-sale to do a walk-through of the job to ensure client is satisfied.
7. Perform warranty follow-ups.
8. Participate in weekly Sales and Accounts Receivable Meeting.
1. Utilizes Company CRM software to log all activity with prospects and clients following company protocol.
2. Keeps Global calendar within CRM software.
3. Creates job folders for each job for administrative team.
4. Review and approve completed subcontractor invoices.
1. Maintains excellent communication with client throughout project.
2. Communicates with Team Leaders and reviews jobs as needed, including job site visits, to ensure the client’s expectations are met.
3. Completes the job folder completely and correctly before entering sold jobs on production board, fills out appropriate schedule board tags, and informs production of new project.
4. Attend production meetings and convey updated information to the production team regarding add-ons, change orders, etc.
5. Visits job site and meets with client during project to ensure client satisfaction and expectations are being met.
6. Coordinates with subcontractors as required to create a positive experience for client.
1. Must have the ability to communicate, gain trust and develop relationships with prospects and clients.
2. Must display a passion for landscaping and construction and have a sense of enthusiasm that can be conveyed to potential clients.
3. Help with additional items as needed.
Time will be spent in an outdoor environment, with limited ability to control noise, airborne contaminants and temperature.
The employee is expected to work the assigned hours at Southern Landscape Group from Monday through Friday, Saturdays as needed. The work hours required of this position may be long when extended schedules are necessary. This position has a normally expected work week of 50+/- hours, but the person in this position is expected to work those hours needed to successfully satisfy the responsibilities and duties of the position, while meeting sales goals and service customer needs.
The employee will work closely with management, other salespersons, team leaders, and clients.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires that the individual to have the following certifications within the first 12 months on the job.
1. First/Aid and CPR
2. Virginia Certified Horticulturist (within one year of employment)
3. Sales Program Certificate