About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 185 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Ayers Saint Gross is seeking a talented Communications Manager to lead strategic and creative internal and external communications. This position is a key member of the firm’s marketing and business development team focused on promoting and strengthening our brand through compelling storytelling and content creation for our website, social media, publications, and other marketing platforms. The ideal candidate is an experienced writer and communications professional with a collaborative team spirit, keen attention to detail, and a love of design. This position requires a creative vision, strong work ethic, and a high level of engagement with the marketing and business development team, firm leadership, and design staff across our three offices.
- Provide strategy for firm communications to support our business development goals, advance thought leadership, and increase firm visibility
- Manage, develop, and deliver written and graphic content for our website, social media, and other marketing platforms to promote our projects, people, practice, and expertise through compelling storytelling and design
- Develop and oversee our communications calendar with marketing and business development leadership
- Identify new opportunities to engage with key audiences, including institutional clients, design partners and consultants, and relevant industry publications on social media and other platforms. Work with team to advance media relations strategy.
- Collaborate with firm leadership to identify thought leadership opportunities. Work with individuals and teams to conceptualize, write, and promote content.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to write and design publications and video/multimedia communications
- Support the marketing and business development team with a range of proposal and writing needs, including copywriting for project descriptions, proposal narratives, award submissions, resumes, and other marketing materials
- Assist technical staff with writing and editing needs, including final reports, project approaches, and others as needed
- Work with firm leadership to plan various internal and external events, including conferences, project tours, webinars, firm-wide meetings, and recruiting and community engagement events
- Lead internal communications by managing our intranet and building advocacy for cross-office communication, including the creation of knowledge-sharing campaigns. Lead monthly meetings to evaluate effectiveness and progress.
- Write a range of internal communications related to current events and strategic firm-wide initiatives
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience. Experience working at a design firm a plus.
- Exceptional writer and editor. Skilled at pairing words and visuals to communicate ideas.
- Experience developing and executing digital marketing campaigns. Understanding of effective social media strategies, including SEO and performance tracking and reporting.
- Ability to develop and maintain a sophisticated visual brand and voice
- Ability to think creatively and strategically. Flexibility and a creative approach to problem-solving are essential.
- Proven track record of working independently on deadline-driven projects and long-term initiatives simultaneously
- Willingness to go the extra mile to achieve results
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat), MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and WordPress
- Knowledge of Synthesis, Deltek Vision, and OpenAsset a plus
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.