About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 170 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Ayers Saint Gross is seeking a talented Graphic Designer to work on a variety of project types including print publications, information graphics, identity design, environmental graphic design, and signage and wayfinding. This position is a key member of the firm’s graphic design studio and will balance both internal and external client work. This person is a knowledgeable professional who is proactive, curious, accountable, inspiring, and driven to pursue design and communication excellence. This position requires a creative vision, strong work ethic, and a high level of engagement with the graphic design team and external clients.
This role will be based in our Baltimore, MD. The firm is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. We will support remote work until we rejoin the office in-person.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Communicate directly with internal and external clients
- Define visual communication goals and articulate how they are supported
- by design decisions
- Work with guidance and direction from direct report and senior leadership
- Offer flexibility and agility to assist with and balance multiple projects, internal and external as needed.
- Manage external and internal projects and deadlines
- Ensure the quality and integrity of projects from concept through implementation
- Be accountable for the details of the work and assist others with quality assurance reviews
- Participate in design workshops and critiques
- Design materials that reflect the identity of the firm
- Develop solutions within a budget and on time
- Create effective infographics and data visualization tool
- Willing to learn and grow experience with environmental graphics and signage
- BA or similar degree in graphic design, industrial design, or architecture required
- 1–3 years of professional design and graphic production experience OR strong internships working in a professional design setting
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Environmental graphic design experience, knowledge of CAD Tools, Revit and Rhino not required, but a strong plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional acumen and comfort presenting to internal and external clients
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Typographic excellence and sound knowledge of graphic design principles and processes
- Strategic thinker able to establish goals and solutions for effective visual communication
- Excellent listening skills and an ability and willingness to translate feedback into design development
- Ability to analyze data and create effective and accurate information graphics
- A demonstrated ability to design for multi-page publications
- Ability to multi-task and balance the design of various projects
- Knowledge of printing and production processes
- Experience working within brand guidelines and developing complementary branded material
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.