Cath Lab/ Interventional Radiologic Technologist
Under physician supervision, operates fluoroscopic imaging equipment during cardiac and/or peripheral vascular procedures. Also provides scrub assistance to Cardiologist throughout diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures; provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedures. Will be required to take emergency call as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively and safely operates all imaging and related medical (patient monitoring & support) equipment to complete a variety of invasive and other special procedures.
- Produces acceptable images by selecting appropriate exposure factors, time sequences and patient positioning.
- Fulfills duties of “scrub assistant” to assist physician during procedures, following proper sterile technique, catheter & guidewire manipulation, etc.
- Follows all radiation protection and radiation safety policies according to ALARA.
- Prepares, assists, and administers (as appropriate) contrast media under the direction of a physician. Properly loads and operates automatic injector.
- Effectively uses computer systems to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information. Act as monitor role documenting procedure and patient hemodynamics.
- Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
- Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
- Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
- Valid Ohio Radiologic License required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within 6 months of hire and maintained the duration of employment.
- Minimum of one-year recent RT(R) experience required.
- Previous cath lab/ IR experience preferred.