Wayside Publishing is looking for a Financial Analyst to help with financial planning and providing analysis of our business. We are looking for someone with solid aptitude, a positive attitude, and at least 5 years of experience.
To succeed in this role, you will need strong quantitative skills, expert problem-solving abilities, adeptness in the use of logic, above-average communication skills, and a big-picture understanding of how your role fits in our organization. Additionally, we are looking for someone who is able to adapt to the continual change inherent in a rapidly growing company.
Your day-to-day work involves gathering information, assembling spreadsheets, writing reports, and developing opinions based on financial analysis. This position reports to the President of the company. In addition to a competitive salary, Wayside Publishing provides a professional environment that balances productivity with a healthy work-life culture.
- Perform financial forecasting reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare and create recommendations to be presented for regular executive leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analyst, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting.
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Expert level in use of Excel and competent at using Access or other comparable database tool
What We Offer?
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
Wayside Publishing is a K-12 publisher based in Freeport, Maine. Our language learning strategies embrace and reflect those endorsed by current research and by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our goal is to engage students and teachers across the country in the pursuit of interculturality, global citizenship and lifelong learning. Join our team.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE