Project Start Date: Monday, July 26th, 2021
Project End Date: Sunday, September 19th, 2021
Project Work Schedule:
1. July 26th - August 13th; Monday - Friday 9:00am - 2:00pm
2. August 16th - September 19th; Tuesday & Thursday 5:00pm - 8:00pm / Saturday & Sunday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Work Site: 3087 Terminal Drive, Hebron, KY 41048 (CVG Airport)
ArtWorks is partnering with the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport in the late summer of 2021 to bring new and original artwork to the first-floor interior of CVG’s most recent expansion project. Youth Apprentices on this project will work under the guidance of three professional teaching artists to bring to life an original design created by D.C-based artist and Cincinnatian, Adrienne Gaither.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization creates jobs for youth, ages 14-21 with the majority from underserved households, providing competitive 21st-century career-readiness skills through mentorship by professional artists. Since 1996, ArtWorks has employed more than 3,750 youth and 3,300 creative professionals, and the organization has completed more than 12,500 public and private art projects that include 200 permanent outdoor murals, contributing to the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ?
· Must be at least 16 years old and no older than 21 years by the project start date.
The successful candidate will be
· A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
· Inquisitive and imaginative.
· Ready and willing to learn from and work with professional artists.
How to Apply
Prepare your application. You will be asked to upload several documents in the application portal. Please review the items below and take time to prepare in advance of starting your application.
Application Deadline Tuesday, July 6
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.