CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
This position handles all aspects of accounts payable and provides Accounts Payable support to the Accounting Department and overall organization.
- Date stamp all incoming invoices and submit for approval
- Review all invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing
- Code and process invoices into Sage 100 according to department policies and deadlines
- Reconcile/analyze invoices with multi-department allocation/breakdown
- Prepare and process checks for multiple companies/accounts
- Print checks and obtain signatures on all AP checks
- Distribute/mail signed checks as required
- Enter all ACH/Wire payments into Sage system
- Reconcile & process monthly Credit Card statements
- Update and maintain vendor database
- W-9 acquisition and assist with annual 1099 and 1096 filings
- Manage & process rush requests in addition to regular items
- Maintain accounts payable files according to department policy
- Research and resolve any outstanding balances on accounts, including telephone, mail, or email communications with vendors
- Communicate with Accounting department to ensure proper coding, processing and provide updates
- Open and distribute department mail
- Assist with scanning/importing of department files
- Assist with other department duties and/or projects as needed
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience handling accounts payable including an accounting software system
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks as well as initiative to take on projects when work flow is limited
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
High School Diploma. College level education is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Insurance Plans for Employees and Family
- Paid Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plans
- Paid Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan
- Paid Employee Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care (Section 125)
- Competitive salary plus incentives; dependent on experience
CDC Small Business Finance is committed to an inclusive and diverse culture. We are passionate about creating a workplace that welcomes, promotes and values diversity. Our focus on a diverse culture elevates our work and helps us achieve greater impact. The result is a stronger and healthier work environment which leads to greater innovation and deeper insights. We view our decisions through an equitable lens to best support our mission to always realize an inclusive and diverse organization.