Clinical Laboratory Assistant will work with the lab equipment to prepare, examine, and test various samples. The Clinical Laboratory Assistant will coordinate and perform tasks and activities in several areas of the clinical laboratory.
- Oversees unpacking of laboratory supplies
- Under the direction of a Medical Technician/ Medical Technologist performs test processing in certain areas of the clinical laboratory which may or may not include the following:
- Running specimens through the automated Hematology analyzer reviewed and signed out by an MLT/ M.T. unless it auto-verifies
- Process blood cultures on the BACTEC
- Place Urine Specimens on the automated urine analyzer and signed out by an MLT/MT
- Set-up of cultures in Microbiology (streaking of plates)
- Place Coagulation specimens on the analyzer reviewed and signed out by an MLT/ M T.
- Prepare Hematology slide s for MLT/MT to read
- Operate the stainer in Microbiology/Hematology
- Place Chemistry Specimens on the automated urine analyzer and signed out by an MLT/MT.
- Train and perform Maintenance on certain analyzers after competency shown.
- Perform any waived testing within the Laboratory after proper training and competency shown.
- Assist with phlebotomy and processing
- Certification as a trained phlebotomist
- At least one year of experience as a Phlebotomist/ Processor and High School education or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Physical and mental endurance
- Technical savvy
- Very aware of safety protocols