The Phlebotomy Registrar works more frequently with patients. This position requires the ability to collect, process, store and transport blood, body fluids and tissue specimens. Along with this you must be able to perform clerical functions such as faxing, copying and mailing of reports and answering the phones professionally. You may need to perform other duties as assigned.
- The employee must demonstrate competency in service to different patient populations such as: Neonates, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
- Work in a variety of situations
- May work alone or in a various size groups on any shift on any day of the week under direct supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Computer entry, filing, telephone communication and other clerical duties.
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- May be mandated to stay should a situation arise.
- Keep storage areas, trays, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers and collection areas clean.