Department: Marketing Communications
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Develops, implements and manages corporate marketing communications plan, which includes key corporate messaging and product and service positioning. Organizes and executes the use of advertising, direct mail, trade shows, corporate website, corporate social channels, sales collaterals and corporate style guide. Creates and executes corporate public relations and corporate branding campaigns. Continually monitors and analyzes promotion results to determine cost-effectiveness and impact of campaigns.
Essential job functions:
- Develops and implements annual marketing communication plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives, which includes but is not limited to advertising, direct mail, corporate website, trade shows, e-newsletters, email, public relations and sales collaterals.
- Creates project deadlines and ensures that they are consistently met. Manages day-to-day production details related to each project.
- Serves as corporate brand manager. Reviews layouts and advertising copy and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Provides tactical marketing solutions to promote products and services through direct mail, advertising and promotional copy for prospects and clients. Analyzes and tracks effectiveness of promotion results to determine cost-effectiveness of promotion campaign.
- Develops and implements corporate public relations campaign. Directs and assists with marketing articles, sales letters, speeches, press releases and other promotional material. Edits and writes advertising copy as needed.
- Develops and implements all corporate online communications, including the corporate website, social media, and any other product or promotional satellite sites and online demonstration tools.
- Conducts regular meetings to discuss marketing communications and sales strategies, challenges, and opportunities.
- Acquires and maintains product/service and procedural knowledge and masters the Product Knowledge Primer. Acquires and maintains industry and market knowledge.
- Coordinates and manages trade shows, including schedule, key messaging and booth design. Attends key trade shows and professionally represents the company to prospects, leads and clients. Gathers information on competitors in an ethical manner and attends appropriate seminars if applicable to our company and if time allows.
- Maintains current knowledge of and reports to CEO the following: advertising trends, consumer surveys, competitor information, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services as it relates to Coffey.
- Develops and implements a formal client survey program and reports results to company directors and senior management.
- Works with Publication Services and Digital Services to collect and examine internal client data to develop successful promotion and communication strategies.
- Maintains and constantly improves company’s position in the marketplace. Takes an aggressive, proactive approach to differentiating our products and services from those of our competitors.
- Is responsible for the preparation of the annual marketing communications expense budget to ensure that expenses are controlled. Directs the analysis of results, prepares interpretive reports and makes recommendations to senior management. Develops and implements policies and procedures pertaining to the budget.
- Develops and manages database system to capture detailed information pertaining to each new client and unrealized new accounts. Provides analyses and makes recommendations to senior management for enhancing opportunities and correcting challenges. Takes responsibility for integrity of information input into sales database by staff members.
- Serves as liaison to other Coffey departments, meeting often with other management personnel to keep channels of communication open; takes initiative to advise management on areas of concern and areas for opportunity.
- Is responsible for creating and updating departmental HIPAA policies and procedures in harmony with HIPAA Compliance Officer. Ensures that departmental staff complies with all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Understands, supports and applies all Coffey Human Resources policies, including items contained in the personnel manual and travel policy; recommends changes or additions to them.
- Provides advice and assistance to the CEO as requested on sales and marketing issues, product development and competitive advantage.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.