Barry McTiernan & Moore is seeking to hire a Paralegal for our Asbestos department to enhance attorney effectiveness by providing information, management, and administrative support to one or more attorneys.
- Work closely with attorneys in handling all aspects of case management and trial preparation in a fast-paced team environment.
- Manage high-volume caseload.
- Maintain and manage settlements ensuring up to date information is provided to all parties and payments are issued and tracked.
- Conduct complex research and investigation to further deposition preparation and development of trial strategy.
- Manage various aspects of trial preparation, including drafting comprehensive summaries, gathering exhibits, compiling trial notebooks, and filing court documents
- Review and prepare various legal documents, reports, and correspondence.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Paralegal
- Knowledge of legal documents
- Knowledge of court requirements
- Excellent research skills with ability to think outside of the box.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and meet internal and external deadlines
- Excellent organization skills
- Keen attention to detail
Special Position Requirements