This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Overall responsibility: Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards and explain complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets our users up for success.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related.
- 4-6 years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with development teams to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Must be a self-starter, possess exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work in an agile environment with minimum guidance.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience developing metrics, reporting, and dashboards using visualization tools such as Power BI is preferred.
- Experience with Atlassian, Salesforce, or other enterprise SAAS tools preferred.