Streetsense is seeking a Designer I, Interior Architecture, to join our Uncommon Collective. You will work within a design team in a supportive manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
This role is located in our Washington, DC Headquarters - it is NOT a remote position. We welcome local candidates and/or those moving to the Washington Metro area! We kindly ask all candidates to submit their portfolio via upload or link to be considered.
- Takes cues from Project Designer/Manager
- Collaborates with team to suggest finishes, fixtures, and furniture for projects
- Supports in design, documentation, and assembly from Concept through the Construction Administration phase
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures
- Assists in graphic formatting and story boards for client presentations
- Coordinate specifications with drawings to meet project requirements
- Assists with vendor interface and library resources
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB- accredited program
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality Industry
- Intermediate graphic and presentation skills in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- Experience in construction documentation production.
- Familiarity with construction materials and Specifications
- Familiarity with Furniture, Fixture and Finish applications
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in starting the ARE or NCIDQ examinations
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.