TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to oversee our Generation Earth Youth Leadership Program. This program focuses on inspiring and educating K-12 students to become leaders in their communities, in helping their school campuses and surrounding communities to become green and to become agents for climate resilience. The ideal candidate will develop strategies and relationships within the Los Angeles County school community, oversee the program and mange the team.
- Lead strategy and implementation of the Generation Earth Program in alignment with TreePeople’s strategic priorities.
- Supervise and support team in developing protocols and ensuring project completion and quality.
- Build partnerships with schools, administrators, and youth that strengthen our goals and map to targeted regions identified by TreePeople and Los Angeles County.
- Manage program support through teacher facilitators, on-site visits, telephone, fax and email communications.
- Create and maintain programs and toolkits to align with current academic standards, i.e. Next Generation Science Standards.
- Assess program to ensure equity, inclusion and cultural integration and relevance.
- Facilitate, support, and coordinate Generation Earth Program: ensuring the accomplishment of environmental service-learning projects by teachers involved within the professional development program and assisting the campus community in successfully completing environmental projects.
- Administers evaluation instruments and collecting assessment data.
- Work closely with Director of Education and Community to assist in fundraising for the department via government grants, foundations, individuals, etc.
- Lead special projects as needed including managing grants.