This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Overall responsibility: Administer & Manage Trellance Snowflake Environment
We are growing quickly and are searching for a Snowflake Administrator to act as a creative contributor, leader, and mentor to our data analysis and scalability processes. You will use your experience and expertise to provide key insights that help us make data-driven decisions. Analytical thinking drives our business and when you join our team, you will not only solve new problems every day, but you’ll see your data solutions immediately improve our users’ experience. If you thrive off analytical thinking and working with data, then we know you will love it here!
The Snowflake Administrator will ensure that the Business Unit’s computing environment, serving both internal employees and external customers, is built and maintained to provide a high level of availability. This person’s focus will be the support of the Customer Data Platform. The candidate will work “hands on” and closely with several people in a very collaborative manner. Candidate should be proactive, motivated, organized, extremely flexible, and work well within fast-paced groups. This position will be part of the application support team and will be expected to learn basic knowledge of other applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides release management support for databases and related applications.
- Ensures security and maintenance of databases.
- Manage and monitor user access to the databases.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Maintains schema and objects.
- Database problem diagnostics and resolution
- Familiar with SDLC and Release Management
- Provide proactive administration of Snowflake, leveraging your technical expertise in all aspects of the Snowflake platform.
- Monitoring health, tuning, and growth of such on premise and cloud snowflake instance
- Tune Snowflake for performance and utilization optimization.
- Provide infrastructure guidance of Snowflake capabilities to accommodate business/technical use cases.
- Automate and manage provisioning needs, such as Snowflake storage and compute, Role Based Access Control model and permissions.
- Configure and manage monitoring/alerting around replication latency, performance (cluster & query) and Airflow.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting.
- Migrate data from on premise to cloud technologies primarily into Snowflake and Azure eco-system.
- Interact with cross-functional teams, project managers and agile teams to estimate development efforts and ensure complete delivery of solutions and fulfilling requirement.
- Expertise to take data from disparate sources and discover, transform, manage, aggregate, catalog and deliver data to be used in reports and analytics repositories.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nice to have:
- Design, develop, automate, monitor, maintain and performance tune ELT/ETL to manage high volume data transfer to and from internal and external systems with extensive experience using ETL/ELT tools and techniques such as StreamSets, ADF, Talend, SSIS etc.
- Proficient understanding and deploy CI/CD enabled pipelines and adapt best practices using tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field. Prefer Bachelor’s/master’s degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics. Any cloud-based certification such as Snowflake SnowPro or Data Engineering on Azure is a plus.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining secure cloud solutions.
- Proven experience with Snowflake or Azure technologies.
- Hands on experience on Snowflake Architecture - Warehouse sizing, data structures, Role-based access control.
- Hands on experience on Snowflake SnowSQL and Snowflake performance optimization.
- Understand agile and DevOps concepts.
- Work experience as a data engineer or in related field, 5+ years preferred.
- Experience designing highly scalable ELT/ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- Data curation tasks using any Data Management tools is good to have.