United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
The Company: Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for help.
• We help people find and access the health and human services they need, including food, shelter, and other basic needs.
• We assist parents and caregivers with finding the best child care for their family.
• We respond in the event of weather emergencies, natural disasters, and family and personal crises of any kind.
The Position: Do you want to use your education in psychology or sociology to make a positive difference in peoples' lives every work day? You can at United Way of Connecticut/2-1-1!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
2-1-1 Contact Center Specialists are highly trained professionals who assess callers' needs and provide referrals to community resources. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day every day of the year. Using a proprietary and comprehensive database of CT social services, 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialists address callers' needs ranging from general information to cases of complex social problems such as financial problems, housing, substance abuse, crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
The Hours: We have a variety of 2nd shift schedules available!
• Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Sunday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday through Saturday, 1:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
• Sunday through Thursday, 1:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
• Sunday through Thursday, 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
The Pay & Benefits: Competitive $17.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential;
• We offer an outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
• We also offer a generous benefits package which includes a significant health reimbursement account AND 160 hours of Paid Time Off in a calendar year which you begin accruing immediately!
• Extensive classroom and on-the-job training.
• An added bonus to working for us is the satisfaction you’ll get from helping to meet the needs of Connecticut residents by providing information, education and connection to services. Helping others makes you feel good!
Job Grade: 13
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.