Staff Engineers and Architects report directly to their Regional Engineering Director and to the Vice-President for Engineering, and perform duties of a technical and often complex nature. These duties include determining the code compliance of building products, materials and methods; developing ICC-ES acceptance criteria; and writing ICC-ES evaluation reports.
- Evaluate test reports, calculations, and other technical data submitted by evaluation-report applicants.
- Develop technical criteria for the acceptance of innovative building products, materials and methods that are alternatives to what may be specified in the building code.
- Prepare correspondence and draft reports regarding the code compliance of products.
- Provide expert assistance to building departments throughout the United States.
- Participate in ICC-ES Evaluation Committee hearings.
- Represent ICC-ES on matters of interest at meetings of technical bodies and at meetings with representatives of government and industry.
- Keep abreast of developments in the building construction field.
- Travel as necessary to attend conferences, meetings, speaking engagements, and other functions.
- Perform other tasks as may be directed by the office Engineering Manager/Director or the Vice-President for Engineering.