Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Human Resources Manager!
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Human Resources Manager will manage all human resources-related matters. They will
promote and implement human resource values by planning, managing, and maintaining
human resources operations and programs. This individual will be a hands-on leader who is
able to guide, train, and coach employees, as well as develop various programs and lead
• Oversees the HR team to provide day to day oversight, ongoing direction and
growth opportunities for team members.
• Manages and maintains human resources functions including recruiting, selecting,
orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning,
monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; implementing
• Implements human resources strategies and compliance standards relating to
talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and
welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and
health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO
compliance, and labor relations.
• Designs systems and leads the development, roll-out, and administration of
programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the
strategic goals of the company.
• Supports management and staff by providing human resources advice, counsel,
and decisions, analyzing information and applications.
• Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing,
and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and
enforcing organization values.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying current on
existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions; conducting investigations; maintaining records;
representing the organization at hearings
• Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys, conducting job
evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay
actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
• Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions
for all positions.
• Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees by assessing
benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management;
directing the processing of claims; obtaining and evaluating contract bids;
awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on
• Oversees and assures the accuracy of records and that recordkeeping
requirements are met per record retention guidelines.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;
participating in professional organizations.
• Develops and maintains positive customer relations by ensuring that all verbal,
telephone and written inquiries and requests are handled appropriately and in a
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related degree. PHR or SPHR
• Colorado resident.
• 3-5 years’ relevant human resources experience, including 1-2 years’ management level experience.
• Minimum two years of direct recruiting experience. Full cycle recruiting preferred, with
a strength in both social media and nontraditional recruiting efforts.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment overseeing and directly managing multiple
• In-depth knowledge of AA/EEO compliance, labor relations and federal, state and
local legal requirements, along with practical application.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to implement human resources strategies
• Documented experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs,
compliance program management (i.e., FML, EEOC Worker’s Comp), and other Human
• Competent in policy and procedure interpretation.
• Proficient knowledge of HR and Payroll systems, preferably Paylocity.
• Proficient skills with Microsoft office suite.
• Currently working remotely
• The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
• Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. Hiring range for this position is $75,800 - $97,200.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.