Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Team Leader, Community-Based Enrollment & Match
Location: Philadelphia, PA (currently remote, work-from-home)
Job Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports To: Manager, Enrollment & Match
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. To create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth, while working collaboratively to strengthen the quality of the mentoring field and close the mentoring gap.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, Community Based Enrollment & Match. The ideal candidate will support the enrollment and match function via the successful coordination of the community-based enrollment & match team’s activities, as well as effective performance of individual enrollment & match responsibilities, practices and goals. Typically, the position is based in an office environment and requires frequent workday and some weekend travel to BBBSI office locations within our 7-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ. Note: Typical schedule involves 2 evening shifts per week and 1 weekend day per month.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
1. Support the Community Based Enrollment & Match team to ensure a high level of quality performance and individual team members’ professional development.
2. As Team Leader, coordinates daily processing functions for up to 5 Enrollment and Match Specialists; assists Manager in team member performance review process by providing thoughtful input and feedback on performance; and acts as a peer leader for Specialists, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
3. Assist the Manager, Enrollment & Match to ensure that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions according to set standards of practice and agency policies while maintaining high metric performance.
4. Responsible for hiring enrollment and match staff and is responsible for training, developing, supervising and evaluating those employees; providing the tools to train, develop, supervise and evaluate staff.
5. Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
Goal Execution and Tracking
6. Identifies and eliminates, as early as possible, any barriers that may interfere with the completion of the enrollment process; documents and monitors all elements of enrollment and match functions and supervision.
7. Fulfills all electronic database documentation requirements; utilizes system to prepare and track personal and team performance; and demonstrates high levels of accuracy, efficiency and leadership for team members and all other internal and external clients and partners.
Interviewing, Screening, Assessment, Recommendation and Matching
8. Conducts volunteer, child, and parent/guardian virtual or in-person interviews (based on Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Standards); providing child safety education; assessing and referring families for alternative or additional services or resources as needed while applying learned child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
9. Reviews enrollment information and assessments and makes recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Effectively aligns volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of the Agency.
10. Determines matching of Bigs (volunteers) and Littles (clients), and passes matches to match support department.
11. Utilizes a high level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job; identifying potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families as soon as possible, making sound decisions as a result.
12. Under supervision of Manager, Community Based Enrollment & Match and/or Senior Director, Community Based Program and Match Activities, utilizes all metric reports and tracking data to help align matching efforts with recruitment initiatives and grant requirements.
13. Creates and administers tracking strategies for grant goals and provides regular updated reports to department leads.
Academic Requirements: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
Professional Requirements: Minimum of 2 years functional experience in a human services environment preferred; supervisory experience a plus. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment and relationship development experience, and an understanding of child development and family preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages required. Must possess the ability to effectively learn and utilize BBBSI’s internal database systems for tracking and recording information.
Additional Requirements: Must have consistent and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Must be able to demonstrate leadership; be dedicated; demonstrate an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; possess a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; be results/outcome oriented; be approachable, organized; and able to demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing work in an office environment and include the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to work independently; remain sedentary for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day); lift 10-15lbs; push, pull, bend kneel, as needed for normal operations.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
People with an interest in engaging individuals to support youth in the community, educators, social workers, youth workers, and recent graduates with a passion for working with youth/volunteers and a desire to work for a strong mission driven organization should apply. At BBBSI, we serve more than 2,100 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey.
Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor.
** This position is currently remote. Staff will be given a minimum of two (2) weeks advance notice before transition back to the office.