JOB TITLE: Professional Collection Specialist (PCS)
EMPLOYER: Gulf Coast Collection Bureau
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1/01/2019
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for contacting consumers in an assigned work list and via a predictive dialing system to resolve accounts and secure payment plans where applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with consumers via phone and maintains compliance standards through proper documentation, status update, queue and telephone manner.
- Follows all FDCPA, FCCPA, FCRA, and HIPAA internal policies and procedures
- Follows the ACA Code of Ethics
- Confers with consumer/patient by telephone and chat and seeks to determine reason for overdue payment
- Demonstrates basic compliant negotiation skills to resolve GCCB’s accounts accurately which may include reviewing the explanation of benefits, previous billing statements, and basic date of service information with the consumer/patient.
- Gathers all required pertinent insurance information where insurance has not billed or there is missing information
- Initiates complete and clear requests to specific departments as needed for insurance filing and follow-up, compliance, accounting, workers compensation, dispute handling, and attorney and estate representation.
- Initiates follow-up on broken promises
- Receives payments and accurately processes payment plans and settlements
- Follows client work plan specific instructions
- Escalate supervisor and complaint calls to ensure high level of service is provided to the consumer
- Requests necessary notices to expedite account resolution
- Follows all client required expectations in the client work plan with regard to how accounts are managed
- Attends training courses as assigned for initial and ongoing training
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Computer skills required: Contact Software; Microsoft Office Suite, minimum 35 wpm.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity for mouse and keyboard access
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move more than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities for this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; color vision and ability to adjust and focus.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.