DEPARTMENT: Energy Programs
POSITION TITLE: Energy Department Intake/Certifier
LOCATION: Greenfield/Remote Work from Home
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Energy Director
Interview and complete application intake for individuals applying for the Energy Assistance Program. Perform household income review and certification following funding source and Agency eligibility guidelines.
- Complete Energy Department applications.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with Fuel Assistance applicants.
- Process on-line applications with Fuel Assistance applicants.
- Collects necessary documentation for establishing eligibility.
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy.
- Determine application eligibility.
- Complete data entry of application information
- Manage a multiple phone line system.
- Required to learn and maintain knowledge of the program’s income certification regulations and guidelines.
- Provide support in reception and scheduling as needed.
- Provide various clerical duties, such as filing and mailing.
- When schedule requires remote work, expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.
- Participate in professional development activities and team meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Comply with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision meetings, team meetings, mandatory agency trainings, and participate in professional development activities.
- Performs related work as required or assigned by Managers
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the agency.
- High school diploma or High School Equivalency.
- Five years of related experience with client services and compiling financial information
- Five years of experience working in a non-profit setting working with individuals and families with low incomes.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Russian/English) preferred.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience or additional directly related experience may be substituted for education
- Proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn program data system, excel and spreadsheets required
- Basic computer skills: using a mouse, email, Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal (in-person and phone) and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of data capture and tracking methods.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity and the needs of individuals with low incomes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires sitting for long periods.
* Working in office environment.
* Some bending and stretching required.
* Extensive use of telephone required.
* Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
* Must be able to lift from 20 – 30 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, and community spaces, with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites. The noise level varies by site.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) prior to hire and every three years.