A Senior Landscape Designer/Architect is a highly experienced team member with extensive knowledge in the design and planning of outdoor living projects including, but not limited to: decks, pergolas, structures, cabanas, outdoor rooms, patios, retaining walls, patios, plantings, irrigation, audio/visual, pools, spas, and the like. This person has extensive knowledge in construction means, methods and techniques and has the ability to translate them to computer aided drawings that can be used for construction.
1. Perform detailed site analysis for new projects including grades.
2. Meet and interact with client and sales person as required to create a cohesive landscape design.
3. Schedule and prepare work in a timely manner for Sales Reps, Project Managers, or CSR’s.
4. Create construction drawings with details necessary for material ordering, construction and maintenance of products.
5. Research and employ new products and features that create client benefits.
6. Create sales packages complete with proposal, designs, 3-D images
7. Use 3-D software to illustrate designs for clients
8. Draw in Dynascape software and render designs efficiently
9. Research products and systems to utilize in our projects.
10. Utilize nursery availability to specify plant materials for jobs that will perform well.
11. Prepare change order drawings for construction teams and clients on short notice
12. Communicate design intent to project managers and team leaders as needed.
13. Complete post-job walk-throughs with sales rep and designer on all projects and log valuable information in designer’s notebook, as needed.
14. Assist other team members as needed for the benefit of the company
15. Follows company Mission, Vision and Core Values
The employee is expected to work the hours necessary to successfully sell work at Southern Landscape Group from Monday through Friday and Saturdays as dictated by the work season. The work hours required of this position may be long when extended schedules are necessary. This is a salary position.
Strong interpersonal skills are a must for our company. The employee will work closely and collaboratively with other designers, salespersons, team leaders, project managers and clients.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid driver’s license insurable by company agent
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Design, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture or related field. Must have minimum of 5-years experience designing extensive landscape and hardscape projects.
- Utilize Dynascape computer aided design
- Candidate should be proficient in basic computer programs such as Sketch Up, Outlook, Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc.
- Must posses excellent mathematical abilities
- Candidate must be able to read and write English, legibly
- The individual will have a thorough knowledge of all landscaping practices including lighting, landscaping, water features, hardscaping, carpentry, construction, maintenance, and irrigation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, job planning skills and mechanical aptitude a must.
This position requires that the individual to have or obtain the following certifications within the first year of employment
1. VSLD – Certified Designer
2. VNLA – Certified Horticulturist
3. APLD – Certified Landscape Designer*
4. ASLA – Registered Landscape Architect*
*Preferred, but not required