Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian's proud history dates back over 70 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. Meridian is proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is only possible because of the great people that work here.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers and the reputation of our company.
Line Service Technicians help maintain a safe and orderly ramp environment. We are currently hiring for full-time second shift (1:45 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) positions, days off to be determined. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Experience is not required for this entry level position; we provide on-the-job training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meet, greet and direct arriving aircraft; assist with directing departing aircraft
- Aircraft towing/wing walking
- Refuel and defuel airplanes
- Work as a team to maintain excellent customer service relations
- Perform courtesy runs and errands; valid driver’s license required
- Aircraft lavatory services
- Aircraft de-icing
- Snow removal
- Able to be on your feet all day
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Bending, lifting, squatting & climbing 6-10ft. ladders
- Maintain a professional, pressed, well-groomed appearance
- Maintain a clean work environment
- On call for weather- and seasonal-related instance as needed; must be able to report to work in inclement weather conditions
- Other assigned duties as needed
- This position is subject to random alcohol and drug testing.
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian's Safety Management System and OSHA training program
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates and Licenses:
- AST Line Services Training Course - highly encouraged to complete within one year of hire
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) - required to obtain within nine months of employment; pay will increase accordingly when this is obtained; CDL must be maintained throughout employment
Technical, Specialized Equipment and Machines:
- A/C Tow Equipment
- De-Ice Trucks
- Plow Equipment
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.