The Accreditation Council for Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, is seeking an Education Program Manager to join our organization. This full-time work-from-home flexible position is responsible for planning, implementing, directing and evaluating processes to assure that nutrition and dietetics education programs meet national standards for educational quality. The position also provides expert advice and direction to educators, students, and the public on the educational preparation necessary for nutrition and dietetics practice.
· Plan, implement, and manage quality assurance processes for nutrition and dietetics education programs.
· Communicate information about nutrition and dietetics education and accreditation both orally and in writing to educators, students and the public.
· Review and analyze documents and assist in writing reports and other documents based on analysis.
· Plan, design, present, and evaluate training materials for educators and volunteer leaders.
· Guide the volunteer peer review process in the evaluation and implementation of ACEND accredited programs including graduate and doctoral level programs.
· Staff liaison for committees addressing educational and regulatory trends affecting accreditation and nutrition and dietetics education.
Occasional travel required for meetings and on-site reviews
· Masters degree required; Doctoral degree preferred.
· Excellent customer service, oral and written communications skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, is critical to the position.
· Independent self-starter possessing excellent problem-solving skills along with demonstrated judgement, reasoning and the ability to collaborate.
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credential is preferred.
· Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic databases
ACEND offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
ACEND promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, ACEND’s office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.