Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters an inclusive work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review Best Place to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
Alliance’s free referral platform, Healthy Together, connects community members with social needs – food and housing assistance, access to transportation, help with benefits, etc. – to our growing network of organizations ready and willing to help. Healthy Together links health providers of all kinds (from regional hospitals to local food pantries and everyone in between), so that basic needs – not just medical ones – are met timely and with kindness.
The Program Assistant will report to the Manager of Operations and provide assistance to the Healthy Together team to ensure contractual requirements and program standards are followed across all programs.
The Program Assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed to ensure that client service requests are handled timely and successfully.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Healthy Together team according to established program guidelines and coordinate cross-organizational team members to make sure that all parties are on track with program requirements, deadlines, and operational standards including escalation and identification of issues.
- Assist with the preparation of reports by tracking and compiling data to be used in monitoring relevant information in determining program success.
- Support the development and revision of program guides, standard work instructions, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation.
- Assist with projects related to internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Conduct customer surveys, re-assessments, and post-project evaluation to identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Support daily operational workflow requirements with attention to detail in a timely manner.
- Coordinates activities and facilitates communication between the Performance team and the Operations Manager to ensure the necessary resources for projects are available and issues or concerns are escalated as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Associate degree required or equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Prior administrative experience with the ability to display a consistent, professional degree of communication.
- Must have strong computer skills with data entry experience (proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work productively in a remote/onsite hybrid work environment.
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrates a “community first” mindset with prior experience building relationships with community partners & community members.
Able to perform all work while demonstrating Alliance Core Competencies including but not limited to:
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Able to develop constructive working relationships with others inside and outside the organization through cooperation and mutual respect.
- Accountability: Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent accountability and professionalism in all interactions. Is seen as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy and is known to consistently adhere to Alliance’s core values.
- Communication: Fosters open communication and listens to others objectively. Shares relevant information in a timely, logical, clear, and consistent manner. Ensures information is passed on to others who should be kept informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises. Expresses oneself clearly & accurately in writing, speaking and when interacting with others.
- Change: Demonstrated flexibility and openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferences in support of organizational effectiveness. Able to recover quickly from setbacks and adapt new methods to achieve innovative solutions.
- Organizational Focus: Maintains focus and commitment to the mission, values, and business strategies of the organization. Maintains a commitment to established goals and desired outcomes in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Self-Management: Demonstrated ability to self-evaluate in order to pro-actively and continuously improve one’s own behavior and performance. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Remains calm under stress. Conducts oneself with confidence, flexibility, and personal credibility. Approaches challenging tasks with a “can-do” attitude.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions including use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alliance does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation including OIG List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and state Medicaid exclusion lists. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.