This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Overall responsibility: The Release Train Engineer is a leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). You are chargedwith clearing the path of impediments, driving toward continuous improvement, resource planning, and keeping both scrum team members and management/leadership apprised of progress against objectives. You will utilize JIRA and other software packages to surface key metrics, and will be an advocate for your teams and your train in all things; while you are not directly accountable for any one individual feature, you are the engineer that keeps the train on the tracks and ensures successful delivery for the team members who are aligned to the work. You are a superior communicator, ally, advocate, and change agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help establish an ART framework based upon industry best practices.
- Help establish the technologies, tools, and processes that can move an organization towards Continuous Integration and Deployment and a DevOps operating model.
- Facilitate product release planning, including estimation and creation of iteration/schedule.
- Facilitate product release planning as you work with Segment team members as they review Backlogs and via Pre- and Post-Release planning meetings.
- Coordinate activities and enable collaboration across all impacted teams / areas to accomplish department objectives
- Collect/Create release objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Track and report on progress/key metrics of each release cycle using appropriate tools (JIRA, Power BI, etc.) - including sprint and product burndown and velocity charts.
- Work with Product Management, Architects, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution of objectives.
- Escalates impediments as needed.
- Helps manage program risk and dependencies.
- Provides input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field. MS or MBA desired.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is preferred.
- Scrum Master Certification and SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC)
- SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification preferred
- 5-7 years of practitioner experience leading Enterprise level Agile/Scrum programs; preferably in an Azure/Cloud based environment (or)
- 5+ years of RTE and/or SCRUM Master related experience using SAFe Agile delivery frameworks
- Expertise in Agile / Scrum development methodologies & tools (Jira / Bitbucket).
- Experience running release planning and dependency management
- Experience working with DevOps / continuous deployment / integration process & tools.
- Experience managing the delivery of complex Data Analytics solutions
- Excellent Leadership skills and ability to lead Enterprise level change management initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills including coaching and mentoring large teams
- Problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking.
- Experience in leading large scale program implementations