Streetsense is seeking an all-star Project Designer/Architect to join our Uncommon Collective. In this Interior Architecture role, you will help lead of a design team focused on creating innovative concepts for clients on various projects. You will participate in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including, but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases of design and construction. You will create budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements for your projects and be responsible for overseeing these parameters are met. You will liaise directly with clientele and consultants and coordinate drawings between disciplines. Revit experience is required.
This role is located in our Washington, DC Headquarters - it is NOT a remote position. We welcome local candidates and/or those moving to the Washington Metro area! We kindly ask all candidates to submit their portfolio via upload or link to be considered.
- Leads project team through design and delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables and partners with project management and technical leads on a variety of projects
- Interface with client, contractor, and consultants
- Manage workflow and production of deliverables
- Take a lead role in programming, space planning, and design activities
- Research, recommend and select appropriate finishes, fixtures, and furniture
- Clearly communicate design concepts and co-lead/conduct client presentations in a variety of formats
- Prepare project design documentation, participate in construction documentation and construction administration tasks
- Mentor junior staff and identify development opportunities
- 8-10 years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Advanced experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications/writing (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Suggest Architectural License or NCIDQ certified
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.