We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just a few years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
The Packaging Buyer is a vital role on the Tovala Supply Chain team responsible for both day to day and long term planning of packaging purchases. You will report directly to Tovala’s Director of Supply Chain and Logistics.
How you’ll spend your time at Tovala:
- Manage day to day packaging purchases and releases from vendors and work with our inventory team to keep our facilities stocked at an appropriate level
- Maintain status for delivery items--verify delivery schedules and coordinate resolution of logistic issues with receiving staff. Work closely with Receiving, Quality and Planning teams to ensure good quality materials are received on schedule for production.
- Improve and maintain packaging usage forecast models to help inform purchasing decisions
- Partner with our finance and inventory teams to review and approve invoices and ensure packaging costs are accurately captured on our financials
- Monitor market conditions and help formulate strategic plans to mitigate negative impact on operations
- Follow market trends and innovation on sustainable packaging and help improve packaging sustainability and customer experience through packaging updates.