About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer. In collaboration with AbbVie, Janssen and Schrödinger, Morphic is advancing its pipeline and discovery activities using its proprietary MInT technology platform which leverages the Company’s unique understanding of integrin structure and biology. For more information, visit www.morphictx.com.
Morphic is advancing both partnered and fully-owned oral integrin therapeutic candidates with the initial clinical trials beginning in the 2020. Our immediate focus is on the areas where the clinical activity of antibody inhibitors of integrins is precedented, thus enabling a rapid path to clinical proof-of-concept. Morphic Therapeutic is located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
We are looking for a highly energetic and organized individual to manage operations of the labs at Morphic Therapeutic. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to interact and communicate with multiple lab members. Comfort working in a lab setting is essential.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Ensuring items are fully stocked in pharmacology, chemistry and animal facility labs.
· Organizing the preventative maintenance on all the equipment.
· Organizing the repair of broken lab equipment.
· Maintaining a clean and organized lab environment.
· Managing the chemical inventory.
· Participate in IACUC.
· Interface with safety consultant and EHS contract organization to ensure that all labs are complying with best safety practices.
· Managing policies and procedures and laboratory standards to evaluate and recommend improvement.
· Providing safety training to new hires and scientists.
· Supervising a Lab Assistant
· Familiarity with lab environment including laboratory safety protocols
· 5+ years of laboratory experience in pharma or CRO
· 3+ years in a supervisory or management role
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.