Regional Sales Manager will work with the Sterilex sales and marketing group to profitably increase sales by developing new business, growing existing business and building relationships with accounts and distributors throughout a specific region. Regional Sales Manager may also be given market development responsibilities as well.
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex core market segments (e.g. corporate quality, plant QA managers, food safety managers, plant managers, etc.)
- Manage sales targets and generating sales plans to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and training product end-users. Communicating product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with customers, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Proactively network with key industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
- Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information regarding industry needs to the management team.
- Complete all sales and service reports accurately and on time to management and customers to ensure proper and timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Document all opportunities and sales contacts in company CRM system.
- Conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
- Perform sales forecasting and customer relationship management.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Contribute to company marketing efforts by developing quarterly blog posts.
- Exemplify Sterilex core values of integrity, collaboration, excellence, innovation and leadership.
- Based on qualifications and experience, may be asked to serve as a mentor for 12 months for new Regional Sales Manager hires.